I’m Dreaming of a Beauty Hockey Christmas
Having reached the front end of another frosty December, it’s time again to come up with a Yuletide wish list, assuming yours truly meets the demanding criteria necessary to stay off the naughty ledger, which itself may be a stretch. Ledgers aside, here are few requests, submitted for Saint Nick’s consideration whether he’s listening or not.
- A few pretty dangles, bar down snipes or top shelf lasers to wow the crowd and make dad proud.
- The parking spot closest to the front door for each and every arena we visit for the balance of the season cuz if you’re gonna dream…dream BIG!
- An unbreakable composite stick for da Boy – no further explanation required.
- Don Cherry’s Rock’Em, Sock’Em #whatevernumberthey’reupto. Every one to date has been worth a watch.
- A Tim Horton’s gift card of any denomination that suits his Kringlenesses’ fancy – pretty much a given ask for any Canadian hockey parent.
- A Gold Medal for Team Canada at the World Juniors to cap an annual holiday tradition of watching some of the best hockey you will ever see.
- A few friendly bounces of the puck over sticks, between pads or simply behind an unsuspecting goalie or two.
- A cloning machine so I can be in two rinks to watch two different games at the same time or perhaps a life-PVR so I can just go back and watch what I missed afterwards.
- A one or two Get Out of Jail Free Cards for use when a ref makes a particularly questionable call (as rarely as that may happen) and which I may use at my sole discretion.
- More wins than losses and more smiles than frowns in either order, though one generally has a way or influencing the other.
- Silver Stick/OMHA Championships for the Boy’s team and Lower Lakes/OWHA Trophies for the Devil and her mates. It’s my list and I can raise the bar as high as I damn well please. (Sorry Santa, I didn’t mean to use a cuss word.)
- A cessation of NHL labour news until after they actually settle the damn thing and just get back to playing hockey. How many times can you say, “There’s no progress to report.” I’ve actually said to many people I’d be happy going with a condensed regular season every year; assuming we still start in September.
- A wayback machine (as a complement to my cloning machine) to recapture a few more of the memorable moments either the Devil or the Boy has had on the ice over the past 12 years.
That’s my preliminary list, such as it is. Let me know what hockey items you might want to find under your tree or in your stocking?
Image courtesy of http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2009/2/27/774400/twas-the-night-before-hoc